Monday, October 11, 2010

20" Travel Bike Update


I've been riding the travel bike for a couple of days now and in the words of Jeremy at Gallus Cycles "it's f-----g amazing!". Rides great and handles well. I added some Eastern curb monkey 20x2.3 tires capable of 100 psi and it rolls faster than you would expect. The gear is a little too high with the 50t ring and an 11/21 cassette. I am going to put on a smaller ring and have the chainstay dimpled for clearance. In addition, Jeremy will build a custom front rack, a rear derailleur guard to protect the hanger in transit and a bottle cage braze on under the down tube so I can run a custom frame bag inside the main triangle. After that, it's off to Spectrum for powder coat. According to my calculations, the bike should fit in a Samsonite spinner hard case measuring 29"x19"x12". I located the case new on Ebay for $135.00. More later.

1 comment:

Bicycle Repairman/Shaggy said...

I saw your bike Sunday, looks like fun!